Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

DARK.L Darktrace - isatrader - 2021-10-13

DARK.L Darktrace UK Cybersecurity firm with strong year-over-year revenue growth of between 37% and 39%

RE: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - KalkineMedia - 2021-10-21

I find this thread really interesting. Investing in UK stocks needs more attention and research for investment. Currently some betting and gaming stocks are also trading such as(news source:kalkinemedia): Entain Plc (LON: ENT), 888 Holdings Plc (LON: 888), Flutter Entertainment Plc (LON: FLTR)

RE: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2021-10-21

(2021-10-21, 09:57 AM)KalkineMedia Wrote: I find this thread really interesting. Investing in UK stocks needs more attention and research for investment. Currently some betting and gaming stocks are also trading such as(news source:kalkinemedia): Entain Plc (LON: ENT), 888 Holdings Plc (LON: 888), Flutter Entertainment Plc (LON: FLTR)

I calculate my own UK market breadth data as such data is harder to come by.  Two other things have in recent years worked against the UK, the UK markets have lagged the US ones for some year and secondly, event though the UK is a large market the US one is so much larger you have a better chance of finding a suitable position to open.

UK Bank stocks - isatrader - 2022-01-11

It's not just US bank stocks moving into Stage 2 last week. HSBA.L (HSBC Holdings) broke out into Stage 2A from a big Stage 1 base. Average volume though.

RE: UK Bank stocks - pcabc - 2022-01-12

(2022-01-11, 10:52 PM)isatrader Wrote: It's not just US bank stocks moving into Stage 2 last week. HSBA.L (HSBC Holdings) broke out into Stage 2A from a big Stage 1 base. Average volume though.

Like the other large banks - is it really a UK business, its HQ and one of its listings is in the UK? This raises an interesting question of how strong the relevence of UK market breadth is to such a stock?

RE: UK Bank stocks - isatrader - 2022-01-12

(2022-01-12, 12:47 AM)pcabc Wrote: Like the other large banks - is it really a UK business, its HQ and one of its listings is in the UK? This raises an interesting question of how strong the relevence of UK market breadth is to such a stock?

Yeah I appreciate it's a global business. I was more referring to it as a UK bank based on high street presence, like Barclays, Lloyds etc, and its primary stock market listing being in the UK. As only appears on the US market (HSBC ticker) as an ADR.

I think UK breadth is likely less relevant to stock that is global, versus something that only operates in the UK.

BHP.L Stage 2 breakout attempt - isatrader - 2022-01-13

BHP.L Stage 2 breakout attempt to new highs

RE: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2022-02-05

I3E

Breakout on high volume: