Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2020-07-23

Breakouts
GGP, KGF

RE: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2020-07-23

POG.L is breaking out to new 52 week highs with volume on earnings news. 

It cleared a mini cup and handle pattern pivot point yesterday ahead of earnings. What's know as a Minervini 3C Pattern (Cup Completion Cheat). Which is a cup and handle pattern with a lower handle than a traditional cup and handle pattern.

The main negative for me is that the RS line hasn't followed to new highs as well. As I prefer to see that lead price action.

RE: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2020-07-23

(2020-07-23, 11:20 AM)isatrader Wrote: POG.L is breaking out to new 52 week highs with volume on earnings news. 

It cleared a mini cup and handle pattern pivot point yesterday ahead of earnings. What's know as a Minervini 3C Pattern (Cup Completion Cheat). Which is a cup and handle pattern with a lower handle than a traditional cup and handle pattern.

The main negative for me is that the RS line hasn't followed to new highs as well. As I prefer to see that lead price action.

I'm already in POG.L.  However, I also put in an order to enlarge my position if it drops back near the breakout at 30.  I'm not so sure how you get in at the higher breakout at 32.5 (if you go for the close) or35 (the high) without higher risk.  Putting in a limit order a bit above 30 means I probably will enlarge my position.  33.3 might be a reasonable point to get in, albeit it is rather far from support.  If I put a stop loss at 27.5 that would be a 17% loss, rather larger than the 6% limit for traders.

Note, I'm using limit orders to avoid getting in at too high a price and then hoping to catch intraday pullbacks.

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2020-08-06

A few UK stocks on the move - XPP.L, PHNX.L

RE: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Tryst - 2020-08-09

A stock which I have been in and out of an am currently holding (one of my largest accumilate positions if I am honest). I wanted to point out something, I guess for some confirmation on whether what I am seeing could potentially play out.

The ticker is LON.CNR (Condor), and what I seem to see on the weekly chart is a long term bottom base forming. Its quite a big base, and im wondering if this base could be playing out during the current precious metals up trend, but the breakout of this base could potentially be after gold corrects itself and resumes its next leg up.

(apologies on the image, looks like my capture of the chart in ProRealTime has skewed it somewhat)

RE: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2020-08-09

(2020-08-09, 09:54 PM)Tryst Wrote: A stock which I have been in and out of an am currently holding (one of my largest accumilate positions if I am honest). I wanted to point out something, I guess for some confirmation on whether what I am seeing could potentially play out.

The ticker is LON.CNR (Condor), and what I seem to see on the weekly chart is a long term bottom base forming. Its quite a big base, and im wondering if this base could be playing out during the current precious metals up trend, but the breakout of this base could potentially be after gold corrects itself and resumes its next leg up.

(apologies on the image, looks like my capture of the chart in ProRealTime has skewed it somewhat)

It looks fairly inline with the gold move so far. Gold bottomed first (see grey line on chart), but CNR.L has been playing catchup and moving fairly in sync since with it making a strong Stage 2 advance so far.

Monthly chart shows the bigger base you mention. But just shows it's moving into potential monthly Stage 2 imo.

UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2020-08-11

GYS.L is breaking above the IPO-AP high level today, and moving to new all time highs in its Stage 2 advance that began in April. It's outside of the normal 3ATR Keltner channel range currently, so I'm looking for the next consolidation base to form.

RE: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2020-08-13

OCDO.L is starting to move to new all time highs from the Trader method entry point. Moving above the June high yesterday. Volume is light though, but RS is approaching the highs, but slightly underperforming the strength in the price action. But with a 97.5 SCTR rating on stockcharts. This is in the top 30 of UK stocks currently for Relative Strength.