Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2018-07-08

For the UK watchlist - GYM.L, GPH.L, BPC.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Tryst - 2018-07-14

That consolidation triangle on BPC.L is textbook. Gutted I didn't see this one earlier to try to catch the continuation breakout

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2018-07-14

(2018-07-14, 12:10 PM)Tryst Wrote: That consolidation triangle on BPC.L is textbook. Gutted I didn't see this one earlier to try to catch the continuation breakout

Yes, I supposed you could try to catch it if it pulls back to the breakout level but any stop will be a long way away and this one will be volatile.  Mind you, spread is nearly 6%, so surely, unless it went the way you wanted it would put you at a disadvantage?

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Tryst - 2018-07-15

(2018-07-14, 08:22 PM)pcabc Wrote:
(2018-07-14, 12:10 PM)Tryst Wrote: That consolidation triangle on BPC.L is textbook. Gutted I didn't see this one earlier to try to catch the continuation breakout

Yes, I supposed you could try to catch it if it pulls back to the breakout level but any stop will be a long way away and this one will be volatile.  Mind you, spread is nearly 6%, so surely, unless it went the way you wanted it would put you at a disadvantage?

true, the retraction could coincide with the 50 day SMA on the daily. I will keep an eye on it.

Didn't know the spread was so big on this one Sad

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2018-07-15

(2018-07-15, 11:03 AM)Tryst Wrote:
(2018-07-14, 08:22 PM)pcabc Wrote:

true, the retraction could coincide with the 50 day SMA on the daily. I will keep an eye on it.

Didn't know the spread was so big on this one Sad

It seems to me that the stocks with the clearest volume patterns either have huge spreads, massive volatility, or both.  I'm not even sure that volatility & liquidity directly relates to market cap.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2018-07-15

Softcat, SCT.L is worth a look. Continuation, though period a bit short. Volume very nice. I wonder whehter UK is a good market for myself? Sector information is harder to find to plot relative strength and I beleive that the breadth is not as strong as the US at present.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - from8to800 - 2018-07-23

Awfully quiet this has been. Nothing to report?

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2018-07-23

(2018-07-23, 08:59 PM)from8to800 Wrote: Awfully quiet this has been. Nothing to report?

It seems to ebb and flow, and generally the UK has been weaker than the US.