Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - malaguti - 2015-03-29

(2015-03-28, 10:18 PM)isatrader Wrote: Also, see the attached monthly chart, which my research has suggested that when a stock attempts to make a Stage 2A breakout on the weekly, should also be at least moving above the 30 month MA on the monthly chart and hence back into Stage 1A on a monthly basis, which LRE was still well below on it's weekly Stage 2A breakout attempt, as it was still in a monthly Stage 4.

excellent points, especially about the monthly.
If the 30 encapsulates the price action, then id still consider it a 2a but as you say the right shoulder of the basing pattern needs to hold now. Any move lower will indeed confirm a 1. Either way, it doesn't get traded for me until above 700 and would have to reconsider my approach based on the monthly now. Perhaps I might consider a percentage of my full stake rather than just watch it breakout. Anyway, a little way to go

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - pcabc - 2015-03-29

(2015-03-27, 12:22 AM)isatrader Wrote: This is where the weekly ichimoku cloud is useful for determining where the true breakout level is that would be clear of resistance. See attached weekly chart which shows LRE.L is attempting to form a Stage 1 base, and to look for a breakout above the 700 area resistance for a clear move into Stage 2A. But it's still early in it's Stage 1 base formation currently, and is yet to form a higher swing low.
I see you are using a weekly ichimoku - a different result comes from a daily one.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2015-03-29

(2015-03-29, 09:20 PM)pcabc Wrote: I see you are using a weekly ichimoku - a different result comes from a daily one.

Of course they do, as they use the same settings, but are applied to different time frames. i.e. just as the weekly MACD isn't the same as the daily MACD, or weekly RSI isn't the same as the daily RSI, or a 50 day MA isn't the same as the 50 week MA etc. As one uses short term data and the other uses medium to long term data. So I only look at the weekly cloud for the investor method, as I'm looking for the medium to long term resistance zones, which you only get from the weekly data.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2015-03-30

Here's some for the UK long watchlist from today's scans - TEF.L, ICP.L, PLP.L, PRV.L (Stage 1), BBOX.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - pcabc - 2015-03-30

Long scans from myself, 3LEGS.L, CSN.L & SIG.L:

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2015-03-31

Here's tonight's stocks for the UK long watchlist - NMC.L, OPTI.L, SAFE.L, DMGT.L (Stage 1), POLY.L (Stage 1), CWC.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - pcabc - 2015-04-01

Breakout, MARS.L:

Continuation in the making? CRST.L?

Pullbacks, MACF.L, SNR.L, TCY.L:

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2015-04-01

Here's today's additions for the UK long watchlist - HLCL.L, FOGL.L, CMBN.L (Stage 1), SAGA.L (Stage 1), BCN.L (Stage 1), MARS.L