Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-11-05

For the UK watchlist today - MSLH.L, CRE.L, AERL.L, HWDN.L

And for the short watchlist - KFG.L, ESUR.L, RGM.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - Tryst - 2014-11-05

(2014-09-04, 11:40 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-09-04, 11:19 PM)Tryst Wrote: Would you wait until the weekly close to make an opinion?

You will have roughly the same information by 4.15pm on Friday, as waiting until the weekly close, and so if it was something you were still looking to get into after tomorrows price action, then you'd still have 15 minutes to place the trade before the weekend.

(2014-10-31, 12:06 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-10-30, 11:46 PM)Tryst Wrote: It is going to be very interesting. The UK markets are clearly showing a Stage 3 top, even a break down into Stage 4A and well into a Stage 4 (Food & Drug Retailers sector), yet the US markets are showing a strong rebound.

Historically, has the UK markets ever diverged from the US markets?

Yep, there's plenty of divergences over time. But I'm still not convinced by the US rebound as the breadth isn't confirming it imo. For example the cumulative breakouts minus breakdowns in the S&P 500 has only recovered half of the breakdowns that happened, where the broader S&P 1500 that includes small and mid caps hasn't even recovered half. And some glamour stocks like Facebook and Twitter have been very negative the last few days. So there seems to be people buying the index futures but not as many buying the stocks themselves, and hence I'm very skeptical currently.

Below are the charts of the cumulative breakouts minus breakdowns in the S&P 500 and S&P 1500, and I've included the weekly cumulative breakouts minus breakdowns chart of the S&P 500, which shows as early Stage 3 with a clearly defined range.

Hi Isatrader, do you have an update of these charts since the last week when you posted them?

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-11-05

(2014-11-05, 11:48 PM)Tryst Wrote: Hi Isatrader, do you have an update of these charts since the last week when you posted them?

Here you go. Cumulative P&F Breakouts minus Breakdowns in the S&P 1500 and the S&P 500 and the 50 Day MA of the S&P 500 P&F Breakouts minus Breakdowns.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - Tryst - 2014-11-06

Hi Isatrader, I know you have provided me a link previously on how to add the RS indicator to the chart in ProRealTime but I have lost that link and removed the ProRealTime template that I had the indicator on.

Could you please point me to the link on how to set up the RS indicator on a proRealTime chart like the ones you are showing on your UK charts which you are posting?

Thanks in advance.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-11-06

(2014-11-06, 12:15 AM)Tryst Wrote: Hi Isatrader, I know you have provided me a link previously on how to add the RS indicator to the chart in ProRealTime but I have lost that link and removed the ProRealTime template that I had the indicator on.

Could you please point me to the link on how to set up the RS indicator on a proRealTime chart like the ones you are showing on your UK charts which you are posting?

Thanks in advance.

I can't find the post that I previously did on it. But it's only a simple indicator in ProRealtime. So on the weekly chart just find the indicator called Relative Strength (Comparison) and then adjust the settings for the index you want to follow i.e S&P500 Index and then add a moving average with a setting of 52 as well for the zero line. That's pretty much it.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - goodtyneguy - 2014-11-06

(2014-11-06, 12:15 AM)Tryst Wrote: Hi Isatrader, I know you have provided me a link previously on how to add the RS indicator to the chart in ProRealTime but I have lost that link and removed the ProRealTime template that I had the indicator on.

Thanks in advance.

52 Week moving average line
Relative strength line i.e. compared to S&P500

ATB

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-11-07

For the UK long watchlist - SBD.L (Stage 2 continuation), ZZZ.L (early Stage 1A)

For the short watchlist - PTEC.L (Attempting to move back into Stage 4)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - Tryst - 2014-11-08

(2014-11-05, 12:53 AM)isatrader Wrote: And for the short watchlist - AMER.L, QFI.L, WEIR.L, JLT.L, GLE.L, CAU.L, BP.L, AVV.L

there is a few from the oil and gas sector in this list, which is understandable considering the recent drop in the price of oil, and subsequently the sector.