Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions (/Thread-Stage-Analysis-Beginners-Questions)

RE: Applying stage analysis to a monthly chart - isatrader - 2019-06-16

(2019-06-16, 05:55 PM)malaguti Wrote: i was kind of hoping you wouldn't say that Smile
a stage 4 is so late waiting for a 30sma MA to move down. do you perhaps apply the trader method therefore the 10sma?
and just to confirm, you would not have entered until 2012 as per the attached

I think the trader method is more appropriate personally for the monthly, as the timescales are so much greater, and you are looking to get into a stock at new highs. But the chart you showed is an index chart, and so is an average of multiple stocks, and hence lags. So you'd have to be a lot more aggressive than with an individual stock imo, and hence I'd say you drop back to the weekly and get in early in the Stage 2.

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions-AUX.V - briansmith456 - 2019-06-22

Hi,
Can you please comment on this mining stock, AUX.V. I am thinking a buy on a breakout of the trendline as everything looks good unless you see some red flags.

Thanks,
Brian

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions-AUX.V - moneymaker - 2019-06-22

(2019-06-22, 02:47 PM)briansmith456 Wrote: Hi,
Can you please comment on this mining stock, AUX.V. I am thinking a buy on a breakout of the trendline as everything looks good unless you see some red flags.

Thanks,
Brian

Good looking chart but it's still in stage 1 in my opinion. It needs to break those resistances at 0.08 and 0.1

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions-AUX.V - isatrader - 2019-06-22

(2019-06-22, 02:47 PM)briansmith456 Wrote: Hi,

Thanks,
Brian

The main problem that I can see is that it's really thinly traded. So the spread will be high, and will be harder to buy and sell due to the lack of liquidity in the stock.

Attached is an intraday chart, which highlights the problem.

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - moneymaker - 2019-06-23

Hello,

Can you please comment on the following stocks and whether you see any red flags? I'm looking to buy at their current prices.

CPL
OFG
IDA

Thank you.

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - malaguti - 2019-06-23

(2019-06-23, 03:18 AM)moneymaker Wrote: Hello,

Can you please comment on the following stocks and whether you see any red flags? I'm looking to buy at their current prices.

CPL
OFG
IDA

Thank you.

Hi moneymaker. it would really help if you confirm yourself what you think of these stocks. ISA has gone through quite a few in very recent posts, an example here
https://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=11&pid=13925#pid13925

why not go through the same thought process..tell us what you are seeing. 
the reason being are..
firstly, it just makes sure we are all talking about the same thing..CPL has a number of possible options, so which one precisely are you looking at?
secondly, tell us what are you looking at, why and apply the stages to it
and lastly, it really does help to solidify the ideas in the book to your own thinking
are you using daily or weekly charts, are you looking at it from a trader or investment perspective? where do you think stage 2 is began and why do YOU think this

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - moneymaker - 2019-06-23

Ok no problem.

I'm talking about the american stocks (CPFL Energia, OFG Bancorp, IDACORP). If I ask for some advice on some stocks, it means that I did all the extensive research and came down to 2 or 3 stocks that I would buy, but I need to confirm with people who have been doing this for years. I hope that's okay. But next time I will provide some extra details.

First, I looked at the market indicators for bull/bear markets and I didn't see any red flags about an incoming bear market, so I think it's a good time to be bullish.

Second, these stocks are from good performing sectors (Utilities, Financials). I just looked at the graphs of their main ETFs and made sure they are not in stage 3 nor stage 4. Plus, this is confirmed by isatrader's posts in another thread.

Lastly, this is what I like about these stocks compared to others in the same sectors:

CPL: it recently brokeout with large volumes but it didn't take off yet. Which I think gives us another chance to buy at its current price. But I'm wondering if we should wait for it to break the recent resistances of 17 and 18.

OFG: it recently brokeout with large volumes and came back at its breakout point (second chance to buy according to Stan). It also seems to form a support at the previous resistances (around 20.68) so I see this as a relatively safe point to get in. But the Mansfield Relative Strength is decreasing.

IDA: I like it because it just went above its highest resistance. But this is the one I'm not sure about because the volumes are not spectacular.

I'm looking at it from an investor's perspective.

Thank you all!

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - malaguti - 2019-06-23

(2019-06-23, 01:43 PM)moneymaker Wrote: Ok no problem.

I'm talking about the american stocks (CPFL Energia, OFG Bancorp, IDACORP). If I ask for some advice on some stocks, it means that I did all the extensive research and came down to 2 or 3 stocks that I would buy, but I need to confirm with people who have been doing this for years. I hope that's okay. But next time I will provide some extra details.

First, I looked at the market indicators for bull/bear markets and I didn't see any red flags about an incoming bear market, so I think it's a good time to be bullish.

Second, these stocks are from good performing sectors (Utilities, Financials). I just looked at the graphs of their main ETFs and made sure they are not in stage 3 nor stage 4. Plus, this is confirmed by isatrader's posts in another thread.

Lastly, this is what I like about these stocks compared to others in the same sectors:

CPL: it recently brokeout with large volumes but it didn't take off yet. Which I think gives us another chance to buy at its current price. But I'm wondering if we should wait for it to break the recent resistances of 17 and 18.

OFG: it recently brokeout with large volumes and came back at its breakout point (second chance to buy according to Stan). It also seems to form a support at the previous resistances (around 20.68) so I see this as a relatively safe point to get in. But the Mansfield Relative Strength is decreasing.

IDA: I like it because it just went above its highest resistance. But this is the one I'm not sure about because the volumes are not spectacular.

I'm looking at it from an investor's perspective.

Thank you all!

great, lets take one example the first, CPL. where's your chart and analysis?
I've attached what im looking at
First principles..what stage is it in?