Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions (/Thread-Stage-Analysis-Beginners-Questions)

RE: Beginners Questions - MalcolmSm1th - 2014-04-03

Thanks ever so much. I shall do just that. The only thing that I have learned is that the mob running the competition Hargreaves Lansdowne charge massive fees which are disproportionate. So the only thing that I have learned is that I am going to use them, for whatever it is that I may or may not do. Besides, their spam mailing department seem to think that if they bludgeon me with eMails every five minutes then I will have over what's left of my loot.

I shall look into this later but, more importantly, it's the first and best day of the Aintree Festival and I need to see if anything is worth backing...

- Malc

RE: Beginners Questions - goodtyneguy - 2014-04-03

There's obviously two elements to choosing a SIPP. The SIPP administrator/trustee and a broker. If you envisage that you may want to add in some other investments in future e.g. commercial property or gold/silver bullion etc you will probably need to be more discerning when selecting an administrator.

Best to choose a broker most suitable for your trading and/or investing style then match it up with an administrator/trustee.

Some administrators will work with a number of different brokers. My SIPP provider EPML are one of those and you can also switch between brokers if need be, at a cost of course. Their home page on the left side shows some of the brokers they are partnered up with but not all. You would have to give them a call to find out whether they would work with your preferred broker.

I would think for your needs it would be best to start by looking at Stadia Trustees in conjunction with Interactive Brokers. EPML link up with IB but Stadia Trustees annual admin fee is £25 + VAT cheaper. I intend to move over to this arrangement some time in the future once I reach a high level of cash in my SIPP account. Pete on this board, theblackmamba is a long term satisfied client of IB.

RE: Beginners Questions - MalcolmSm1th - 2014-04-03

Thanks ever so much for the reply. This is a good starting position to start to search.

I will dig around in the next few days but at the moment I have no plans for bullion nor land, but one day, who knows?

Again, thanks
Malc

RE: Beginners Questions - Tryst - 2014-04-07

(2014-04-02, 08:24 PM)MalcolmSm1th Wrote: I have been going through my finances and I have decided that I need to take control over what is left in my pension pot. I know nothing about SIPPs other than I can't do worse than those idiots looking after my meagre private pension.

Does anyone know of a good book which they can recommend to get me onto the right track as to what to do with SIPPs, how to fill them up and that sort of thing?

Oh, I am UK based by the way. Wales hasn't yet decided to cut themselves off from the Saxon hordes next door. At least, not yet.

- Malc

Malcom, where in Wales are you from?

I am from Wales...Pontypridd/Cardiff area.

Tryst

Hi all,

I wasn't sure where to post this question, so thought maybe this is the best place...

I want to start looking at companies that are involved in 3D printers. Does anyone know of any? It can be on any exchange, but preferably LSE, though I doubt there is any on there right now.

Thanks in advance.

RE: Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2014-04-07

(2014-04-07, 01:47 PM)Tryst Wrote: I want to start looking at companies that are involved in 3D printers. Does anyone know of any? It can be on any exchange, but preferably LSE, though I doubt there is any on there right now.

Here's a link to a website that lists the various 3D printing stocks: http://www.3dprinterstocks.com/a-list-of-3d-printing-companies/

RE: Beginners Questions - goodtyneguy - 2014-04-08

(2014-04-07, 01:47 PM)Tryst Wrote: Hi all,

I wasn't sure where to post this question, so thought maybe this is the best place...

I want to start looking at companies that are involved in 3D printers. Does anyone know of any? It can be on any exchange, but preferably LSE, though I doubt there is any on there right now.

Thanks in advance.

You may be interested in Sigma Labs NASDAQ:SGLB It's a very speculative penny stock. I got in on a secondary entry when it stabilised around the break out level of the last stage 2 continuation move. For the alert and eagle eyed among you, I did break the never buy below the 30 wma rule but I was satisfied it was finding good support at the 200 dma.

You may consider it is still at a low risk entry point depending upon your money management and appetite to risk. You may be able to get Selftrade to add it to their platform if you want to put it in your ISA. I wanted to post up a PRT chart but on some stocks its including white vertical lines all over the place so had to settle for a less elaborate chart. In order for me to establish if it's a local issue perhaps you can tell me if it's the same at your end.

RE: Beginners Questions - shaunattwood - 2014-04-08

Technically it's a hard call. Have we seen short term panic lows in 3DP or will there be another tidal wave of selling? Stan W would say avoid them like the plague because they are mostly below their 150 day ma's which appear to be rolling over.
They do look short term oversold below their 50 day ma's, which they will usually rally back to, but why trade against Stan's method?

(2014-04-08, 02:47 AM)goodtyneguy Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 01:47 PM)Tryst Wrote: Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

You may be interested in Sigma Labs NASDAQ:SGLB It's a very speculative penny stock. I got in on a secondary entry when it stabilised around the break out level of the last stage 2 continuation move. For the alert and eagle eyed among you, I did break the never buy below the 30 wma rule but I was satisfied it was finding good support at the 200 dma.

You may consider it is still at a low risk entry point depending upon your money management and appetite to risk. You may be able to get Selftrade to add it to their platform if you want to put it in your ISA. I wanted to post up a PRT chart but on some stocks its including white vertical lines all over the place so had to settle for a less elaborate chart. In order for me to establish if it's a local issue perhaps you can tell me if it's the same at your end.

RE: Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2014-04-08

(2014-04-08, 03:02 PM)shaunattwood Wrote: Technically it's a hard call. Have we seen short term panic lows in 3DP or will there be another tidal wave of selling? Stan W would say avoid them like the plague because they are mostly below their 150 day ma's which appear to be rolling over.
They do look short term oversold below their 50 day ma's, which they will usually rally back to, but why trade against Stan's method?

I agree with shaun, the main 3D printing stocks are already in or on the verge of Stage 4, as you can see from the attached. So, with regards to the method you'd want to avoid the group or be looking to short stocks in it with the right technical patterns. Hence, the method would only suggest going long an individual stock in the group if the stock was showing an excellent technical pattern with an exceptional volume increase. But in the majority of cases the book recommends that you avoid a weakening sector on the long side completely as even stocks that do show some promise of a Stage 2 advance will often under perform stocks in other stronger sectors. So always consider the opportunity costs.