Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions (/Thread-Stage-Analysis-Beginners-Questions)

RE: $LULU - Stage 2 Breakout Personal analysis - isatrader - 2021-09-12

(2021-09-12, 01:58 PM)WayneMu54219378 Wrote: Piotrsoki F-Score 5 (my entry criteria > 4 to ensure some kind of fundamental strength - I know, not strictly Weinstein-ish!)

Good post,

I don't only use Weinstein, as mix Wyckoff and CAN SLIM techniques in too as you'll see over time. So don't worry about that.

How I use fundamentals with potential longer term position trades is to look at the projections for future EPS and revenue growth, as I want those to be predicting at least double the current level in the next three years or so. As gives a higher confidence level to the potential trade than if weak or erratic growth predicted.

RE: $LULU - Stage 2 Breakout Personal analysis - WayneMu54219378 - 2021-09-12

(2021-09-12, 02:41 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2021-09-12, 01:58 PM)WayneMu54219378 Wrote: Piotrsoki F-Score 5 (my entry criteria > 4 to ensure some kind of fundamental strength - I know, not strictly Weinstein-ish!)

Good post,

I don't only use Weinstein, as mix Wyckoff and CAN SLIM techniques in too as you'll see over time. So don't worry about that.

How I use fundamentals with potential longer term position trades is to look at the projections for future EPS and revenue growth, as I want those to be predicting at least double the current level in the next three years or so. As gives a higher confidence level to the potential trade than if weak or erratic growth predicted.

Agreed. Before I got into the technicals the F-Score was one of my key criteria and I had positive results with it. Allied with sound TA I find it to be a de-risker, as it screens out the fundamentally weak stocks. I don't differentiate between 'trades' and long term 'SIPP investments', everything is traded in the same fashion (average annual performance 30%+ over past 6 years).

BTW running SIPP, ISA, Dealing and CFD accounts all the same way, trades are simply 'replicated'

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Lebo44 - 2021-09-13

What a great interview with Stan Weinstein!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtAshnE3MwM

He finally explained the difference between trader and investor to me. It's all about trimming the position.

TSEM Analysis - WayneMu54219378 - 2021-09-15

TSEM Analysis from Tuesdays' Watchlist

ENTG - WayneMu54219378 - 2021-09-15

Another strong semiconductor breakout from yesterday

RE: TSEM Analysis - isatrader - 2021-09-15

(2021-09-15, 08:25 AM)WayneMu54219378 Wrote: TSEM Analysis from Tuesdays' Watchlist

I'm liking how the semiconductor group is shaping up and showing RS in the weak market conditions that we've had over the last week. NVDA the major large cap of the group is getting tight again near its highs.

RE: TSEM Analysis - WayneMu54219378 - 2021-09-15

(2021-09-15, 10:52 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2021-09-15, 08:25 AM)WayneMu54219378 Wrote: TSEM Analysis from Tuesdays' Watchlist

I'm liking how the semiconductor group is shaping up and showing RS in the weak market conditions that we've had over the last week. NVDA the major large cap of the group is getting tight again near its highs.

Yes, breakouts in general can't be really be trusted at the moment but semiconductor group is showing legs

Sopra Steria - WayneMu54219378 - 2021-09-18

For anyone out there who follows European Stocks, liking the look of Sopra Steria in strong software Industry Group. 

Very bullish SOS breakout bar on daily and weekly