Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions (/Thread-Stage-Analysis-Beginners-Questions)

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - fabi470 - 2021-07-09

(2021-07-09, 03:42 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2021-07-09, 02:52 PM)fabi470 Wrote: Hi David, 

thank you for your quality response (as always). I really appreciate them.

I am working on my google sheets screener right now and i might have a problem: it looks like there is no historic data available in google finance for industry groups (sectors work fine). Do you have any clue how i could get (at least) the data from the past 3 months?

Otherwise: you said, that you update the SCTR score in your Sheet every weekend. That would be fine for me - but: where do you get the 1-,4- and 12-week data from? Is there any trick or is that a premium stockcharts.com feature only?

Would be happy about an answer from you!

I add the RS score in a separate sheet. So add a new column each week, and then in the main sheet reference the relevant cells and calculate the change between them

Ah, got it! Thanks for your quick response.

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - bagholderwithaplan - 2021-07-10

The stock market as a whole has a chart that shows what percentage of stocks are above their 150MA (MMOF on TradingView)
The indexes have charts that show what percentage of their stocks are above their 150MA ($SPXA150R, $NYA150R, $NAA150R, etc)

HERE IS MY QUESTION: are there any charts/indicators that show how many stocks within a specific sector are above their 150MA?

So far I’ve been getting these numbers by subtracting the number of stocks above the 150MA from the total number of stocks within each individual sector. My current method is a bit time consuming and I feel like I’d be better off with a visual chart of these numbers. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2021-07-10

(2021-07-10, 03:45 AM)bagholderwithaplan Wrote: The stock market as a whole has a chart that shows what percentage of stocks are above their 150MA (MMOF on TradingView)
The indexes have charts that show what percentage of their stocks are above their 150MA ($SPXA150R, $NYA150R, $NAA150R, etc)

HERE IS MY QUESTION: are there any charts/indicators that show how many stocks within a specific sector are above their 150MA?

So far I’ve been getting these numbers by subtracting the number of stocks above the 150MA from the total number of stocks within each individual sector. My current method is a bit time consuming and I feel like I’d be better off with a visual chart of these numbers. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Barchart has percentage charts for the S&P 500 sectors https://www.barchart.com/stocks/market-performance

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - bagholderwithaplan - 2021-07-12

(2021-07-10, 09:54 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2021-07-10, 03:45 AM)bagholderwithaplan Wrote: The stock market as a whole has a chart that shows what percentage of stocks are above their 150MA (MMOF on TradingView)

Barchart has percentage charts for the S&P 500 sectors https://www.barchart.com/stocks/market-performance

Thanks Isatrader, this exactly what I was looking for

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Lebo44 - 2021-07-13

Hi Guys,

see attached some of my Stan's picks analysis. I simply took few charts from the Global Trend Alert report shared by Isa (Mar_GTA_part1) and tried to figure out the reasons why the stocks were recommended for buying.

Let me know if you like them or not. Also any suggestions appreciated.

The legend as below:
green line - support level (recommended for buying)
blue line - Trading Stop
orange line - Investor Stop
black line - breakout level
red box - congestion area or base

Bart

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - yellowcup - 2021-07-15

Hello Guys!

First of all, thank you @issatrader for this blog this is very helpful in the trading community.

My question is, how can we differentiate a Stage 2B on a Stage 3.

See chart below for analysis. I've excluded the stock name so that we can only focus on price action.

Thank you.

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - fabi470 - 2021-07-15

(2021-07-15, 03:50 AM)yellowcup Wrote: Hello Guys!

First of all, thank you @issatrader for this blog this is very helpful in the trading community.

My question is, how can we differentiate a Stage 2B on a Stage 3.

See chart below for analysis. I've excluded the stock name so that we can only focus on price action.

Thank you.

Hi yellowcup,

Nice to have you here! I am not Isatrader and not as experienced as him, but maybe i can still help / have a guess.

I would  start with a definition of stage 2b / 3. Basically, stage 2b means an uptrend that is in a later stage (but is still an uptrend). An uptrend is defined by a series of higher highs and higher lows. 

Stage 3 is the topping phase. That means, the stock is not anymore powerfoul enough, to make a higher high.

-> Conclusion: if the stock (see your picture) is not able to make a higher high, you are probably in the transition to stage 3 or already in stage 3 (topping phase). 
It is the same with stage 4 and the transition into stage 1: the first higher low after the decline may signal a new stage 1 basing period.

I really hope, that this may help you out

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Lebo44 - 2021-07-15

(2021-07-15, 03:50 AM)yellowcup Wrote: My question is, how can we differentiate a Stage 2B on a Stage 3.

For me the answer is simple.

Stage 2B - both 30MA and 10MA are trending upward (and pointing up). 2B means a strong uptrend so all key MAs must be going up (this is simple trading strategy, Minervini has the same criteria for estimating uptrend). Also all MAs in correct order: 10MA > 21MA > 30MA etc.

Stage 3A (early Stage 3) - 30MA is losing momentum and is flattening (or even slightly pointing down in the last weeks) and 10MA is pointing down (even more than 30MA because it is faster MA). There could be also signs of distribution: big red bars with very high volume, kind of exhaustion gap, stock very extended and selling visible (many red bars in a row). See attached Starbucks example (around the week marked by the dotted line) - notice flattened 30MA (yellow) and 10MA (white) lost momentum and going down