Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions (/Thread-Stage-Analysis-Beginners-Questions)

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - JordanBrogan - 2021-02-10

Hi, 
Im wondering you i could have anyones opinions on CLDR
Ive marked it up with some potential entry points (or which i think, could be wrong as i'm still learning) 
I also saw a tunnel forming - could this be used as a potential exit point or would this not matter ?
Im finding i'm selling too soon - looked back at my trades for January and saw if i kept them open till now, my overall account would be up nearly 40% instead of 2.4% down ahah. But we live and learn 

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2021-02-11

(2021-02-10, 08:47 PM)JordanBrogan Wrote: Hi, 
Im wondering you i could have anyones opinions on CLDR
Ive marked it up with some potential entry points (or which i think, could be wrong as i'm still learning) 
I also saw a tunnel forming - could this be used as a potential exit point or would this not matter ?
Im finding i'm selling too soon - looked back at my trades for January and saw if i kept them open till now, my overall account would be up nearly 40% instead of 2.4% down ahah. But we live and learn 

I highlighted in the watchlist when it was at one of the potential entry points in mid Jan. Which was a backup to support after a continuation breakout. See the following link to see the chart: https://www.stageanalysis.net/blog/42502/us-stocks-watchlist-14-january-2021

Your mark ups look good. You've just got to have the conviction to take the trades at the pivot points and not chase them if you miss it. As pullback entries can be just as good or better even a lot of the time and are a big part of the method that's is ignored by most.

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2021-02-11

(2021-02-10, 07:09 PM)miche Wrote: Hey My partner is looking for an exit strategy regarding bitcoin. I mentioned SA investor method. However, in a bitcoin bull market it's normal to pullback 30-40%. Looking back at the Dec 2017 top you would have gotten out at 12631 since stop was set below the 30MA but the zero line and RS lines looked ok. Or 14979 when both price broke the 30MA and Zero line was rising above the 
RS?

As of now I would place stop at 29,347? I'm looking at the daily chart. Cheers

I did this diagram a while ago to help with the investor stop loss as lots raise the stop loss too early and at the wrong points. So hopefully this will help you if you are trying to ride the majority of the Stage 2 advance

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2021-02-12

(2021-02-10, 07:09 PM)miche Wrote: Hey My partner is looking for an exit strategy regarding bitcoin. I mentioned SA investor method. However, in a bitcoin bull market it's normal to pullback 30-40%. Looking back at the Dec 2017 top you would have gotten out at 12631 since stop was set below the 30MA but the zero line and RS lines looked ok. Or 14979 when both price broke the 30MA and Zero line was rising above the 
RS?

As of now I would place stop at 29,347? I'm looking at the daily chart. Cheers

Here's a long term marked up chart of Bitcoin which highlights where the investor stop would have taken you out on the last major advance to give some context the the diagram

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - miche - 2021-02-13

Wow really cool to see in the trade the full stage 2 advance! We tighten stops because 30DMA is losing momentum and in the 4th base with is more likely to fail. Currently, bitcoin had a second base. Do my stops look ok? It's more clear where to set them for XOP/other charts. Super brilliant exit strategy. Cheers

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2021-02-13

(2021-02-13, 12:04 AM)miche Wrote: Wow really cool to see in the trade the full stage 2 advance! We tighten stops because 30DMA is losing momentum and in the 4th base with is more likely to fail. Currently, bitcoin had a second base. Do my stops look ok? It's more clear where to set them for XOP/other charts. Super brilliant exit strategy. Cheers

It's the 30 week MA, not the 30 day MA

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - miche - 2021-02-13

(2021-02-13, 12:24 AM)Yikes Embarrassed! Thanks David time to review my notes! Wrote:
(2021-02-13, 12:04 AM)miche Wrote: Wow really cool to see in the trade the full stage 2 advance! We tighten stops because 30DMA is losing momentum and in the 4th base with is more likely to fail. Currently, bitcoin had a second base. Do my stops look ok? It's more clear where to set them for XOP/other charts. Super brilliant exit strategy. Cheers

It's the 30 week MA, not the 30 day MA

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - miche - 2021-02-14

In the case of XOP the 30WMA is far away from the price action. I got in at 61.15 I wouldn't want to place it below that price. Same for Bitcoin if I place stop below 30WMA that's 200% away from price. UUUU also 30WMA is far away from price. In this case when price is far from 30WMA where would you set your stop loss for investor method?  

I'm testing it on other stocks that aren't as extended FCX/NTR looks like I put the stop in the right place. Thanks appreciate it!