Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions (/Thread-Stage-Analysis-Beginners-Questions)

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - miche - 2020-12-01

(2020-11-24, 06:34 PM)isatrader Wrote: A little known technique that I use to look at intraday volume is on the IBD chart. As it has a feature that shows the percentage that the volume is compared to the 50 day average volume at that time of day. So for example if its 100% vs 50-day MA or more in the first 30 mins then that gets my attention if its near the breakout level. It doesn't mean its going to stay that way all day though, and may tail off, but just means that compared to the first 30 mins of every day from the last 50 days that's it's more than 2x the average. So I always check this to see if the volume is strong at the potential entry, and like to see 200%+ for the time of day. But will still go with 50% or more if the setup is correct.

Here's the link: https://research.investors.com/stock-charts/nyse-sunnova-energy-intl-inc-nova.htm?cht=pvc&type=daily

With regards to breakouts on low volume. This happens all the time, but is less likely to lead to a very strong move higher.

Thanks that's very helpful trick! I'm using the subscription and it's great! Wish I could give you the affiliate credit Wink

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Jimbo - 2020-12-09

Does anyone have an active link to Stan’s interview or know were to find it.
Thanks

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2020-12-09

(2020-12-09, 02:38 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Does anyone have an active link to Stan’s interview or know were to find it.
Thanks

If you mean the financial sense interviews from 2011? It looks like they've been taken down by the website.

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Jimbo - 2020-12-09

(2020-12-09, 03:04 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2020-12-09, 02:38 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Does anyone have an active link to Stan’s interview or know were to find it.
Thanks

If you mean the financial sense interviews from 2011? It looks like they've been taken down by the website.
Thanks

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - pcabc - 2020-12-10

(2020-12-09, 06:27 PM)Jimbo Wrote:
(2020-12-09, 03:04 PM)isatrader Wrote:
Thanks

Thanks

That's a shame.

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - leaf - 2020-12-10

hi , everybody :
I cant find the trading journals started by isatrader , are they removed ?

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2020-12-10

(2020-12-10, 03:08 PM)leaf Wrote: hi , everybody :
  I cant find the trading journals started by isatrader , are they removed   ?

I've archived them, as they were in a hidden part of the board that only members saw. So to make the boards more active I am now journalling in the US stocks thread where I'm doing my swing trading.

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - leaf - 2020-12-10

(2020-12-10, 03:16 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2020-12-10, 03:08 PM)leaf Wrote: hi , everybody :
  I cant find the trading journals started by isatrader , are they removed   ?

I've archived them, as they were in a hidden part of the board that only members saw. So to make the boards more active I am now journalling in the US stocks thread where I'm doing my swing trading.
 thanks  .  I really think i  learned  from your jounals  before . 
   now i will check and see your swing trading .