Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions (/Thread-Stage-Analysis-Beginners-Questions)

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions-QTRH.TO - marry123 - 2020-06-17

(2020-06-17, 03:56 PM)malaguti Wrote:
(2020-06-17, 02:57 PM)marry123 Wrote: Hi Isa,
I was hoping you could comment on proper entry point long for QTRH.TO. 
I am confused as to what resistance level it would need to break out over (it seems to have been basing for about 3 years now if not longer and 30 SMA is rising on the weekly) for proper entry into stage 2 breakout phase.

Thank you.

It seems to me as though you had the initial stage 2a entry at where i've drawn the red line
this was confirmed with a cross of the blue line
price action has recently moved into stage 3 and now back into a stage 2 continuation pattern at the green line
horrible price action, especially historically..you really want to be careful of its volatility
i normally shy away from price action that historically has not really conformed the stage analysis principle. ie the 30week MA seems to hold no weight in terms of support which you tend to expect. with prices seemingly brush aside the ma with very large swings into stage 1 and stage 3

thats my take on this one
Thanks, Malaguti for pointing this out. It is helpful to know the proper break out point based on stage analysis was your blue line and not higher from where I was now expecting. Given the stage 2a entry was above your blue line, yes it does seem a mess of a chart given how now the price is swinging above and below the 30 ma now with no support at the 30 ma as one would need to see. I will look for others (I appreciate your input).

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions-hwx.to - marry123 - 2020-06-27

Hi Isa and others.

I was hoping to have your input on HWX.TO in terms of entry long trigger level. It seems to have broken out from a long base around 0.84  (on very large volume) and now needs to break above 1.24 resistance (30 and 10 MA are rising nicely). I have drawn a potential resistance line around 1.50 so to enter long would one wait to break above 1.50 or enter long on a break of 1.24?

Thanks for your thoughts on this chart.

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions-hwx.to - malaguti - 2020-06-27

(2020-06-27, 03:18 PM)marry123 Wrote: Hi Isa and others.

I was hoping to have your input on HWX.TO in terms of entry long trigger level. It seems to have broken out from a long base around 0.84  (on very large volume) and now needs to break above 1.24 resistance (30 and 10 MA are rising nicely). I have drawn a potential resistance line around 1.50 so to enter long would one wait to break above 1.50 or enter long on a break of 1.24?

Hi Marry, I'd be inclined to enter at a break of 1.31 for a continuation trade
the original breakout was at 0.85 so this is 60% already into its move (and the whole of the retracement to retest the breakout)
also be wary however of resistance between 1.4 and 1.48 very close to your trend line

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions-hwx.to - marry123 - 2020-06-28

(2020-06-27, 05:23 PM)malaguti Wrote:
(2020-06-27, 03:18 PM)marry123 Wrote: Hi Isa and others.

Hi Marry, I'd be inclined to enter at a break of 1.31 for a continuation trade
the original breakout was at 0.85 so this is 60% already into its move (and the whole of the retracement to retest the breakout)
also be wary however of resistance between 1.4 and 1.48 very close to your trend line

Thanks for your input, Malaguti. I very much appreciate it.

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - alphatech - 2020-06-29

Sorry if this post perhaps does not belong here but I see lot of people here posting from Europe, perhaps someone can help. I have my family in Italy and they would like to start investing using Stan theory after I told them about. Unfortunately they do not know where to start in selecting a reputable investment company. Here in USA for some reason is easy there are lot of investment companies but it seems that in Italy options are limited to banks?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - malaguti - 2020-06-29

(2020-06-29, 03:18 PM)alphatech Wrote: Sorry if this post perhaps does not belong here but I see lot of people here posting from Europe, perhaps someone can help.  I have my family in Italy and they would like to start investing using Stan theory after I told them about.  Unfortunately they do not know where to start in selecting a reputable investment company.  Here in USA for some reason is easy there are lot of investment companies but it seems that in Italy options are limited to banks?!  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try Interactive Brokers, they are worldwide..I'm sure there are many others but IB are very good
this link has a few others
https://brokerchooser.com/best-brokers/best-international-online-brokers-for-citizens-in-italy

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - alphatech - 2020-06-29

Thank you, very much appreciated

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions- SAM.TO - marry123 - 2020-06-30

Hi,
I was just wondering if this has broken out into stage 2a? It broke out from a long base on very good volume on the weekly chart so I assume this is a buy around current level?

Thank you for your comments.